The recycling of cable is undertaken in specialist process plants.
We manufacture a comprehensive range of metal separation equipment for this industry including:
We recognise the need for product quality and purity. We focus our experience and knowledge of this application to provide separation equipment which leads the industry.
Separation processes will vary depending on materials / size and can include:
- Size reduction – primary shredding
- Separation of ferrous metal – usually with an overband or drum magnet
- Separation of remaining ferrous – usually with magnetic head pulley or drum magnet
- Granulation of cable to produce a copper and insulation granule
- Separation of heavy copper granules from the light insulation granules – usually using an air table
- Removal of remaining ferrous from copper granules