The Magnapower Eddy Current Can Separator (ECCS) is specifically designed for Used Beverage Can (UBC) and food can separation from contaminants such as glass, plastic and paper.
It is an economical solution which provides a significant increase in quality and value of UBC material.
The ECCS machines are built using the same high intensity non-deteriorating rare earth magnets as our high frequency Eddy Current Separator. The ECCS has an optimised design for separation of aluminium cans. The rotor is of a more economical design with the necessary forces required to efficiently separate this material.
We always recommend the removal of ferrous steel from the product before it is passed over the ECCS for separation. Removal of ferrous steel ensures continuous trouble free operation of the eddy current separator.
This machine is a cost-effective unit which allows non-metallics to be sorted from the aluminium cans. The cleaned aluminium can then be baled for ease of storage and transportation.
- Low cost rotor with an optimised design to separate aluminium cans for recycling
- High powered Rare Earth Neodymium (non-deteriorating) magnet system
- Single piece belt change within approximately one hour
- Motorized drive drum with internal bearings to prevent material trapping / damage
- Control panel included
- Splitter hood available if required (not always necessary)
- Sealed belt / frame arrangement to prevent ingress of material
- Belt tensioning pulley designed for easy belt replacement and tensioning.
- Units can be built to suit most height requirements
The ECCS can be incorporated with a Can Sorter for the separation of ferrous cans. Please contact us for details of complete turnkey plants if required.
A high frequency high intensity magnetic rotor inside the head drum of the ECS conveyor induces a magnetic field into non-ferrous metals on the belt surface. These magnetically induced metals react with the magnetic field of the rotor which causes them to be propelled forward further than the other material on the belt. The performance is determined by a combination of flux density and frequency – to find out why the Magnapower ECS is an industry leader then please ask.