Scrap metal processing is usually undertaken in large purpose built plant.
We recognise the need for product quality and purity. We focus our experience and knowledge of this application to provide separation equipment which leads the industry. Separation processes will vary depending on materials / size and can include:
- Size reduction (shredding)
- Primary ferrous removal – often using a Frag Drum
- Sizing of material into different fractions e.g. 0-20mm, 20-60mm, 60-150mm
- Separation of ferrous metal – usually with an overband or drum magnet
- Separation of remaining ferrous – usually with magnetic head pulley or drum magnet
- Separation of non-ferrous metals – usually with an eddy current separator
- Further processes are then used to sort the non-ferrous metals from one another
- Auto Shredder Residue (ASR) Processing
- This can be a complete separation plant on its own and may include a version of stage 1& 2 again for recovery of metals missed in the first stages.
- Additional processing may include inductive sensing to recover copper wire and stainless steel.
- Further processes are then used to sort the non-ferrous metals from one another.
We manufacture a comprehensive range of equipment for this industry including: