The recycling of fridges is undertaken in specialist process plants.
Separation processes will vary depending on materials / size and can include:
- Size reduction – shredding
- Separation of ferrous metal – usually with an overband or drum magnet
- Separation of remaining ferrous – usually with magnetic head pulley or drum magnet
- Separation of non-ferrous metals – usually with an eddy current separator
- Separation of stainless steel
- Product (UPVC) checking with metal detection
- Sorting of non-ferrous metals using sensing equipment
We recognise the need for product quality and purity. We focus our experience and knowledge of this application to provide separation equipment which leads the industry.
We manufacture a comprehensive range of metal separation equipment for this industry including: